- Plastics Flammability Handbook
Dr. Troitzsch is the author of the "Plastics Flammability Handbook",
which was first published in German under the title „Brandverhalten von Kunststoffen“ in 1982. The first English edition was published
in 1983 and the second in 1990 by Carl Hanser Publishers, Munich, Germany.
The third edition has been comprehensively revised and updated.
It has been published in 2004 by Carl Hanser Publishers, Munich.
Read more on the publisher‘s European Web site
The "Plastics Flammability Handbook" is composed of three parts:
- Part I „Fundamentals“ was extended and completely rewritten by a team of authors from universities and industry. After an introduction and an overview of the flame retardants‘ market situation, the main topics covered here are burning process, burning of plastics (thermoplastics, thermosets, and elastomers), fire retardant plastics, textiles, smoke development and suppression.
- Part II „National and International Fire Protection Regulations and Test Procedures“ extensively covers regulations and fire testing in building (ISO, EU and 20 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific), transportation (automotive and rail vehicles, aircraft and ships), electrical engineering, electronics, wire & cable (International IEC, Americas UL, Europe CENELEC, Asia) as well as furniture and furnishings.
- Part III „Fire Effluents“ deals with basics and testing of smoke development, toxicity and corrosivity of fire effluents.
- The Appendix contains lists with suppliers of flame retardants, abbreviations for plastics, terminology of fire protection, international and national standards organizations, electrotechnical safety and standards organizations, abbreviations, journals and books.
- J. Troitzsch. New and potential flammability regulations.
In: Advances in fire retardant materials, Editors A.R. Horrocks and D. Price,
Woodhead Publishing Limited, September 2008.
Details under: www.woodheadpublishing.com
- J. Troitzsch. Prescriptive regulations and tests considering the toxicity of fire effluents. In: Fire toxicity, Editors A.A. Stec and T.R. Hull, Woodhead Publishing Limited, March 2010. Details under: www.woodheadpublishing.com
- J. Troitzsch. Fires, statistics, ignition sources, and passive fire protection measures.
Journal of Fire Sciences, 2016, 1-28. DOI: 10.1177/07349041 16636642
- J. Troitzsch. Flammschutzmittel (only in German). In: Handbuch Kunststoff-Additive, Editors Ralph D. Maier und Michael Schiller, Carl Hanser Verlag München, Oktober 2016. Details here
- Other Publications
Dr. Troitzsch has written chapters on flame retardants and fire tests in several books, published many articles and reviews. He has presented more than 250 papers at conferences on all aspects of fires, fire safety, plastics, flame retardants and the environment.