Flammability Testing Equipment
Together with a partner we now offer test devices for the electrical engineering & electronics, building & construction, and textiles sectors.
Electrical engineering & electronics
We offer the glow test equipment, as well as flammability tests.
- Glow-wire apparatus to IEC/EN 60695-2-10 for the tests to
- IEC/EN 60695-2-11 Glow-wire flammability test method for end-products
- IEC/EN 60695-2-12 Glow-wire flammability index (GWFI) test method for materials
- IEC/EN 60695-2-13 Glow-wire ignition temperature (GWIT) test method for materials
The apparatus consists of:
test frame mounted on apparatus, specimen holder, glow wire, thermocouple Ø 0.5 mm, temperature control with constant voltage output and fuzzy logic, linear drive speed approx. 11 mm/s.
Other test devices to UL94 and to EN 60695-11-5 – needle flame – on request.
Building & construction, textiles
We offer flammability testing cabinets for determining the ease of ignition and flame spread of materials, construction products, textile fabrics, and protective clothing. These tests are based on small burners simulating a match flame.
We offer the following flammability testing equipment:
- Small Flame Test to EN ISO 11925-2 and German DIN 4102 B2
The test device allows testing the reaction to fire of construction products and building materials to European EN ISO 11925-2 (Euroclass E) as well as to German DIN 4102 Part 1 (Class B2). The stainless steel testing cabinet is very robust and easy to operate. It consists of the burning cabinet with burner and various specimen holders, suspension device, shifting unit, templates and calibres.
- Burning Cabinet Textile Fabrics and Protective Clothing to EN ISO 6940/6941 and EN ISO 15025
This testing device allows carrying out the most important tests in the textile sector. It is suitable for determining the burning behaviour of textile fabrics and protective clothing to EN ISO 6940 and EN ISO 6941 (former German DIN 54336), as well as of EN ISO 15025 (former EN 532).
- EN ISO 6940 describes the determination of the ease of ignition and
- EN ISO 6941 of flame spread properties of vertically oriented textile fabrics.
- EN ISO 15025 describes the measurement of limited flame spread of protective
clothing against flame and heat.
All tests are conducted on vertically oriented specimens with a small burner in a burning cabinet:
- In EN ISO 6940/6941, the burner is inclined at 60° to the specimen. In 6940, two sample sizes
(70 x 70 und 70 x 190 mm), and in 6941 samples of 150 x 560 mm are tested.
- In EN ISO 15025, the burner is set horizontally. The sample size is 150 x 190 mm.
- The stainless steel testing equipment is very robust and easy to operate. It consists of the burning cabinet with burner and various specimen holders, templates and calibres.
Further flammability testing equipment on request